Several committees at Point Hope United Methodist Church (UMC) help oversee the life of the Church:
- Trustees Committee – oversees our building and property so that the church is a welcoming place for all that come through our doors.
- Congregational Care Ministers – this committee helps take care of the members of Point Hope whether they’re suffering from an illness or need a little cheer on their birthday.
- Missions Team – outreach in the community through various community service projects.
- Staff Parish Relations Committee – works with our staff so that the Pastor and other staff members are meeting the needs of both the congregation and the greater community.
- Administrative Council – guides the vision of Point Hope UMC.
- Worship Committee – makes sure we are prepared for worship each week, plans special services for holidays, etc.
- Education Committee – focuses on providing opportunities for people of all ages at Point Hope UMC to learn more about the Bible and Jesus Christ. This includes Sunday School, kid’s classes and VBS.
- Finance Committee – works to make sure we are being faithful stewards of God’s gifts.
- Evangelism – mobilizes the congregation to be God’s loving presence in the world and helps to spread the word about Point Hope UMC to the Mount Pleasant community.
We also have opportunities to serve with music, technology, and more!